SDF - Job Opening
Current Job Openings
The Sustainable Development Foundation (SDF) is a non-governmental, voluntary, independent organization established in March 2015, officially registered at the Ministry of Social Affairs as per license (99). As SDF has been present in Yemen since 2015, it has experience implementing emergency child protection and education responses, including women and youth empowerment. SDF has experience in handling large grants from international donors, such as UNDP, UNHCR, OCHA, WHO, SCI and ZOA. The Foundation has excellent national-level relations and has experience in coordinating with both national and international NGOs. It has offices, staff and community-based committees in Hajjah, Sana'a, Marib, Ibb, Hudidah, Dhamar, Al-Bayda’a and Hadramout as well as solid experiences engaging with local communities from whom it gained acceptance and with whom it has collaborated in the past. In addition to that, SDF creates livelihood opportunities and community-based protection committees. Last but not least, the foundation is mainly focused on Sustainable Development Goals and Humanitarian Response.
Posted vacancy: Protection Monitor
Employer: Sustainable Development Foundation (SDF) – Yemen.
Position type: Full time – contract.
Position reporting to: Protection Assistant.
Starting Date: ASAP.
Post date: August 3th, . 2021
The Protection Monitor is in charge of carrying out protection monitoring activities at household and at community level in all governorates of intervention. The protection needs of the population will be monitored through HHs interviews, using smart tools, in order to collect specific data based on UNHCR in-depth Protection Monitoring Tool form. The PM will also carry out key informant interviews and FGDs in the community and contribute to the identification of displacement patterns and protection risks.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Conduct Daily Field Visits to villages, urban areas, and informal settlements to monitor Protection activities and meet with key informants and persons of concern within the community.
· Utilize smart tools for data collection and make sure data is precise, complete and timely uploaded on KOBO platform.
· Provide monthly inputs and figures to the Protection Officer Assistant to be included in the weekly and monthly progress report.
· Provide monthly accurate data in the Protection Monitoring reports to be shared with the donor and relevant stakeholders, after revision and approval of the Project Manager.
· Provide guidance to the outreach volunteers.
· Create awareness over the hotline services, especially when conducting identification exercise for cash-based interventions.
· Work to strengthen SDF relationship with Vulnerable, Host Community leaders and municipal actors in order to maintain good access to PoC.
· Conduct rapid assessments of newly displaced persons in far districts that require upon request of the Protection Officer and under the supervision of the Community Center Coordinator.
· Identify PwSNs and other vulnerable HHs, responding to a set of established criteria, to be enrolled in the cash distribution program or referred them to particular specialist in the community center.
· Provide weekly beneficiaries lists for cash assistance to the Activity Coordinator and ensure all cash requests are properly filled.
·Provide feedback on the number of cases that have been assessed on a daily and weekly basis to be submitted to SDF system.
· Promote international laws principles and standards and also IDP legislation or policies.
· Promote confidence building and conflict resolution among populations of concern, authorities and host communities
Note that the protection monitors are required to stay overnight for several days in far districts based on needs.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
· Degree in social sciences or related Field.
· Relevant professional experience of not less than 2 years in similar positions.
· Prior experience in working and/or coordinating with other international humanitarian organizations.
· Prior experience with persons of concern (women at risk, people with disabilities, etc).
· Good knowledge of protection concepts and principles.
· Familiarity with smart data collection tools.
· Familiarity with Cash Transfer Programming and beneficiary’s identification would be an asset.
·Native Arabic – Good written and spoken English would be an asset. Computer/IT literacy (Windows, Office, Internet etc.)
· Excellent analysis and report writing.
Professional Standards: The SDF workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in SDF Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Accountability and Equity. In accordance with these values, the SDF operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are required to apply through the link: Click Here not later than August 09th 2021.
· RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.
· Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
. Qualified candidates from the project' targeted governorates will be given a priority.