Sustainable Development Foundation - Jobs
Current Job Openings
The Sustainable Development Foundation (SDF) is a non-governmental, voluntary, independent organization established in March 2015, officially registered at the Ministry of Social Affairs as per license (99). As SDF has been present in Yemen since 2015, it has experience implementing emergency child protection and education responses, including women and youth empowerment. SDF has experience in handling large grants from international donors, such as UNDP, UNHCR, WFP, OCHA, WHO, SCI and ZOA. The Foundation has excellent national-level relations and has experience in coordinating with both national and international NGOs. It has offices, staff and community-based committees in Hajjah, Sana'a, Marib, Ibb, Hudidah, Dhamar, Almahweet, Al-Bayda’a, a6nd Hadramout as well as solid experiences engaging with local communities from whom it gained acceptance and with whom it has collaborated in the past. In addition to that, SDF creates livelihood opportunities and community-based protection.
Posted vacancy: Engineer
Employer: Sustainable Development Foundation (SDF) – Yemen.
Position Type: Full-time contract.
Position reporting to: Project Manager.
Starting Date: ASAP.
Post date: Feb02nd, 2023
Closing date: Feb11th, 2023
Number of Positions: 2
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Carry out the needs assessment and infrastructural assessments for the specific needs of construction of WASH facilities selected to be supported through the Education Program or in other target areas, according to the project proposals.
- Preparation of the BOQs or activity plans according to the identified needs of the supported health facilities and Education in other target areas (if applicable), along with monitoring of the procurement process as focal point for the WASH-related budget lines.
- Provide technical assistance to the Operations Department in selection of the contractors for (TLSs- latrines) the construction works and other WASH-related contracts and activities.
- Ensure the implementation and direct follow-up of activities, management of field staff or other contracted parties throughout the cycle of the implementation of WASH activities and Education infrastructural works.
- Carry out technical supervision of the construction work at the supported WASH facilities and other Education activities project target areas and monitor the quality of work as per the agreed BOQs with the contractor, ensure that all minor construction works are carried out according to national and international quality standards.
- Perform and document regular monitoring of all ongoing WASH activities and share the reports of monitoring visits with the relevant Project Manager and Area Managers and inform about any pitfalls or quality issues observed in the repair/rehabilitation work and other activities.
- Coordinate with the other support management department to share the inputs for completion of work certificate and other required documents at the supported health facilities or other project areas for releasing the payments to the contractor as per the agreed timeline in the contract.
- Provide input to narrative reports, whenever required, and final reports, or any other type of reports or summaries required.
- Develop and maintain contacts and good relationships with the community leaders and beneficiaries, cooperate with government institutions, WASH & Education Clusters at different levels and other non-governmental organizations, and the local community, and represent the project in front of the beneficiaries and inform them on project activities;
- Coordination with the relevant clusters ( WASH, Education , Shelter, CCCM.. etc )
- In addition to the above related responsibilities, the Engineer may be asked to carry out other duties as requested by the Project Manager.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- A bachelor's degree in civil engineering or any related field.
- Experience in writing reports in English.
- Very good in English (speaking, writing, reading, and typing is essential.).
- Excellent interpersonal skills required, as well as the ability to communicate clearly and efficiently with a variety of audiences (eg beneficiaries, community committees, and other team members).
- Good analytical skills, process design skills and project planning and management skills.
- Proficiency in computer applications (MS Word, Excel, Power point) as well as engineering programs.
Professional Standards: The SDF workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in SDF Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Accountability, and Equity. In accordance with these values, the SDF operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity Anti-Retaliation, and Combating Trafficking in Persons.
·How to Apply:
·· RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as applications and CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.
- Qualified candidates from the project' targeted governorates will be given a priority.
- Any Candidate Provide incorrect information will be eliminated.